Thursday 8 January 2015

My Top 10 Favourite Kpop Songs of 2014



8 days into January and I'm only just doing this but I'm not a kpop fan so I never thought to do this until I saw JRE and FreshlyFlipped's lists on their YouTube. I never thought that there was many good kpop songs to come out of 2014 but it was only when I was making this list that I realised that there was more than I thought.

I could've made a top 15 tbh but I decided to strictly keep it 10 with some honourable mentions.

Here's my top 10.:

10. Hyuna - Red

This is the song with probably the most ridiculous lyrics on the list but it's freaking awesome and catchy, especially if you don't know that much Korean to be really bothered by it. A monkey's butt is red~~~~!

9. BTS - Just One Day

Earlier on in the year, BTS surprised us with a new refreshing song and it's definitely been one of my favourites all year because of how mellow and romantic it is.

8. f(x) - Red Light

This song sounded like a mess when I first heard it but I've realised ever since Super Junior's Mr Simple that I like songs that sound like a mess. This got a lot easier on the ears the second time round of listening to it though. :)

7. Red Velvet - Happiness

I'm not sure why there wasn't that many international kpop fans that liked this and preferred Be Natural when it came out. As your resident depressed, crazy, nervous wreck I happen to love songs that are just happy and tell you to not get caught up in the troubles of this world. I can't help but dance along when I listen to this one.

6. Zhoumi - Rewind

Aigoooooooo! His voice when he sings Chinese (so smooth) and his accent when he sings in Korean (너무 귀여워ㅓㅓㅓ~~~). I love the dum dum dum in the beginning that carried out throughout the whole song. I just love it. I real nice surprise when I thought SM's music was going down in quality and our baby Panda Tao wrote a rap for it and it's awesome!!

5. Taemin - Danger

Just... perfect, from beginning to end. I think everyone loved this one. The whole concept and choreography of this and Ace was just awesome. And Taemin thank you for getting Kai onto your album.

4. Girls' Generation - Mr. Mr.

It took a few listens to really like this song but then I got addicted (중독 ㅋㅋㅋ) and it's always comfortably playing in my head. Plus the lyrics were so easy to memorise. I didn't have to look at the lyrics, they just melted into my brain which is another reason why this is so high on the list.

3. 2NE1 - Come Back Home

I can honestly say, this is one of my favourite songs of all time. It really helped me get through the whole Kris situation earlier on this year and it reminds me of that but things are better now so it's not such a sad feeling. I really enjoy this song and the choreography. I honestly probably don't go a day without listening to it and just so you know, I'm not even the biggest 2NE1 fan.

2. EXO - Love Love Love (Rearranged ver.)

When I heard this remix when the first fancams came out of the first day of The Lost Planet concert on 23rd May, I just died. I thought, 'how could they create such a masterpeice of a "rearrangement" so soon after the original was released?' Whoever created this song, I love you and I want to send you a big fruit basket.

1. EXO - Overdose

역시, my boys EXO's title track Overdose is #1. The reason is, this song is literally absolutely amazing from start to finish. The opening of the song with the clapping and the voice  and then Baekhyun/Luhan and then it all explodes into Suho's part. When listening to this song, especially for the first time I think, there's parts where you think it's going to end soon and then a whole other section of the song opens up, i.e. Chanyeol/Kris' rap. This song is really a exollent  excellent masterpeice and I've only come to love it more and more throughout the year.

Honourable mentions


  • Taemin - Pretty Boy ft. Kai
  • Orange Caramel - My Copycat
  • 2NE1 - Mental Breakdown (CL Solo)
  • EXO - Thunder
  • BTS - Danger
  • BTS - Boy in Luv
Yep, there were even more songs that I liked that I had to take off the list to get the right number and I didn't want too many honourable mentions 'cause that's not how it works. Anyway, thanks for reading and tell me what were some of your favourite songs? Maybe I can check them out if I haven't bothered to listen to them already ㅎㅎㅎㅎ

No comments:

Post a Comment